Following the success of our Twitter competition a little while back, we’ve decided to up the stakes for our ‘Christmas special’. Patrick M0ZPK has very generously donated a 600MHz frequency counter to the LIDS cause. Just take a look at this little beauty and imagine it sitting on your shack bench…
Yeah, you know you want it, and here’s what you need to do to get it. We want to get LIDS on air and making some beeps to each other. Every QSO made with a LIDS station between 21st December and 4th January gets you a point, and the station with the most points wins the prize!
Here’s the small print (because it wouldn’t be a proper competition without small print):
- The competition runs from 21st December 2014 @ 0000 to 4th January 2015 @ 2359. All times are UTC.
- Any band and mode may be used but NOT voice modes (microphones unplugged please).
- To claim your points you need to TWEET your log entry to us at @lids_cw with the callsign and Twitter handle of the station you worked, the mode, and the #comp hashtag. We’re not interested in your 599 report but anything else you can squeeze into your 140 characters that might make us smile would be appreciated.
- Each station can be worked once a day to count for points so get those skeds organised. The use of Twitter to arrange skeds or to self-spot is encouraged (and probably essential).
- You do not need to be a LIDS member to enter this competition but why not ping us a message and gets a LIDS number anyway – it’s free!
- LIDS cannot be held responsible for your licence compliance, your conduct on air, your VSWR, the state of your shack, or any cooling of relations with your spouse/partner/cat as a result of you entering this competition.
- Finance subject to status. Guarantees and indemnities may be required. Posed by models. Your mileage may vary.
- Our policy is one of continuous improvement, as yours should be.